EAC FirstStop National Advice Line
Our Advice Line is a free, professional, confidential and independent service. It is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, and calls are free from BT phones on 0800 377 7070.
Alternatively, from mobiles/overseas call: +44 203 519 6002 (note that charges will apply). You can also email us for a response within 24 hours.
When you ring the Advice Line for the first time, you will speak to one of our national advice team.
FirstStop national advice team
The team is employed by EAC and based in London, Walton-on-the-Naze in Essex and Cheltenham. Team members are Frances Auger, Nick Coote, Debbie Currivan, Adam Hillier, John Plimsoll and Rosalind Barnes. Between them, they have a broad knowledge of most aspects of housing, support and care for older people, including financial aspects. The team includes specialists in dementia and hospital discharge procedures.
If you need more information or advice than the team can provide, they may offer to introduce you to an external specialist, for example for financial or legal advice.
If you need, or would like, more personal face-to-face support, or the benefit of local knowledge, the national team may offer to refer you to one of our FirstStop local partner organisations.
More about our local partner organisations
Our vision for our national Advice Line Service
To provide a unique, clearly specified service to help clients explore and evaluate options and to provide relevant and specific information if required.
- covers housing, support and care, related financial matters and rights;
- is independent, impartial, non-judgemental and shaped by clear ethical values;
- is of demonstrably highest quality and with a good reputation;
- tailors information and advice to the individual and to the issues involved;
- is provided in a range of accessible ways, employing the means of delivery most appropriate to each individual’s needs.
Download order form for FirstStop literature