EAC's two main websites, FirstStop Advice and HousingCare, are undergoing a number of changes to improve user experience. All information content is now on HousingCare, whilst the FirstStop site features the advice services offered by EAC and its local and national partners.
This site explains who provides FirstStop Advice services and how to access them. It provides details of:
- The FirstStop national Advice Line: run by EAC and in conjunction with several national partner organisation, and able to reply to emails as well as providing a telephone service.
- FirstStop local advice services, run by over a dozen partner organisations including Home Improvement Agencies, Age UKs and Age Concerns, and in several cases, older people themselves.
This site provides information. It contains:
- a large library of selected reading about housing, support and care services for older people;
- local directories of specialist accommodation for older people – retirement, sheltered and extra care housing; care homes, nursing homes and hospices;
- local directories of services for older people, covering everything from home repair services to day centres to transport services.
We would welcome your input and views on the changes
Our FirstStop and HousingCare websites aim to satisfy a wide range of users - older people, their families and carers, advisors, and housing and care professionals. We welcome suggestions from all of you to help ensure that we achieve our aim.
Use our online feedback form