FirstStop’s national advice team have a number of specialisms, including:
- Specialist accommodation for older people, including care homes and housing with care and support services
- Accessing statutory services
- Care and support for people with dementia
- Welfare benefits and entitlements
- Hospital discharge arrangements
- Care funding options for self funders
- State funding for care
- Help available to stay in your own home
If you need more information or advice than the team can provide, they may offer to introduce you to an external specialist, such as an Independent Financial Adviser.
If you need, or would like, more personal face-to-face support, or the benefit of local knowledge, the national team may offer to refer you to one of our FirstStop local partner organisations.
You can email our advice service at email@example.com
More information about local housing advice services, information materials and using the HousingCare website can be found on our HousingCare Advice page.