This site explains who provides FirstStop Advice services and how to access them. It provides details of:
- The FirstStop national Advice Line: run by EAC and in conjunction with several national partner organisation, and able to reply to emails as well as providing a telephone service.
- FirstStop local advice services, run by over a dozen partner organisations including Home Improvement Agencies, Age UKs and Age Concerns, and in several cases, older people themselves.
This site provides information. It contains:
- a large library of selected reading about housing, support and care services for older people;
- local directories of specialist accommodation for older people – retirement, sheltered and extra care housing; care homes, nursing homes and hospices;
- local directories of services for older people, covering everything from home repair services to day centres to transport services.
Our vision for our web services
Both EAC’s traditional services and FirstStop are underpinned by well developed information and communications technology (ICT) and in particular, exploit the web as a means of communicating with older people and their families.
Our vision is to be at the cutting edge of exploring how we can use web technology to:
- reach more people with our services;
- deliver more personalised services;
- provide the means for older people to share information with their peers;
- incorporate rich, user-generated content into our traditional datasets.